EA has shared the Season 1 trailer of its Apex Legends Mobile confirming the launch on May 17, 2022. It will debut on Android and iOS on the same day and will be free-to-play with in-game purchases.
After a successful stint on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox, Electronic Arts announced that it will be bringing its popular multiplayer game to the mobile platform back in 2019. The “Early Access” version was made available for a few users in India and the Philippines in 2021. Similarly, in February 2022, it announced a “Soft-Launch” in the following countries for beta testing before the actual launch—Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand.
Finally, after a long wait, Apex Legends Mobile finally has a launch date and is sure to excite gamers. It will have to fight it out against popular mobile games such as BGMI/PUBG, Free Fire, Fortnite, etc.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Apex Legends Mobile is a creation of Respawn and Tencent’s LightSpeed & Quantum Studios. PUBG/BGMI players might already be well versed with Chinese company Tencent’s LightSpeed & Quantum Studios, which was banned by the Indian Government last year. Apex Legends Mobile is specially made for mobile platforms and hence cross-play between PC, mobile, and Xbox won’t be possible. Mobile players will be matched only with other mobile players in the multiplayer game. Moreover, it is touted to come with mobile exclusive features, maps, legends, and more.
Chad Grenier, Game Director, Apex Legends, states in a blog post that the mobile version is close to the original Apex legends. Design director Jordan Patz said, “We’ve built this game from the ground up with mobile-first optimisations and mobile-exclusive content to make sure that the game feels like Apex while also fresh and new at the same time. To do that, we’re starting with 10 Legends out of the gate, with favourites like Wraith, Octane, Bloodhound, and Pathfinder”.
You can pre-register for the game on the Google PlayStore to get notifications when it is available to download. You can also select the option to “Auto-Install” when it becomes available. The minimum requirements to run the game on Android are that your device should run Android 8.1 or higher and should have at least 3GB of RAM. iOS users will need a device with at least an Apple A9 processor, iOS 10 or higher, and at least 2GB of RAM.
Apex Legends Mobile release notes:
Strategic Gameplay with Iconic Legends
- Strategic squad play and Battle Royale is the core of our DNA!
- Equip an arsenal of exotic weaponry, equipment, and tactical abilities.
- Find the SMG, Assault Rifle, LMG, Shotgun, to fit your playstyle!
- Fast-paced strategic choices are essential in the Apex Legends arena.
- Choose from a cast of beloved Legends as well as exclusive characters to the mobile version of the game.
- Master each character with unique abilities and personalities to find a Legend that fits an array of playstyles.
Team-based Multiplayer Hero Shooter
- Squad up with two other players in competitive PvP team games.
- Create legendary squads by combining each teammates’ unique skillset.
- Multiplayer squad play with strategic combinations and evolving tactics.
- Dominate the battlefield! Join forces with friends and players alike in epic battle royale games.
- Fast-paced innovative PvP FPS & TPS hero shooter combat gameplay.
- Fluid movement and gunplay.
- Exhilarating action that amplifies the mobile battle royale fun.
- Rooted in an Immersive and Ever-Evolving Apex Legends Universe.
- Unpredictable conditions and challenges.
- New Legends are continuously introduced to test players’ skills.
Mobile First Adaptations & Innovations
- A standalone Apex Legends title on mobile.
- Optimized UI and controls custom-built for mobile devices.
- Unique mobile-only content and gameplay modes.
- New Legends, maps, gameplay, modes, progression, and live events.