ASUS ROG Phone 3 Finally Receives Android 11 Update
ASUS had launched its flagship smartphone—ASUS ROG Phone 3—in July 2020. The device came with Android 10 out of the box, and it had not received an OS update for a long time. The Android 11 update for the ROG Phone 3 was due for a long time. The Taiwanese smartphone maker had released the Android 11 Beta update to testers in March 2021. Now, the company has finally started rolling out the stable version of the Android 11 operating system to the ROG Phone 3. The company made the firmware file available to download on the ZenTalk forum and its official ROG Phone website.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 Android 11 Update Rolling Out Now In Taiwan
The stable Android 11 build for the ROG Phone 3 has been listed on the ZenTalk forum and it has build number WW-18.0410.2105.133. It has a file size of 2.72GB. The update brings all the Android 11 features which ASUS has baked in its Zen UI skin. Some of the essential changes that you will notice in this newly-rolling-out stable update are an updated UI design, a revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, and other stock apps, updated Android 11 notification panel, chat bubbles, one-time permissions control, and more. The official changelog for the ROG Phone 3 Android 11 update is listed below.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 Android 11 Update Changelog
- Upgrade system to Android 11
- Some 3rd party apps are not yet compatible with Android 11
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 10 by official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Introduced new ZenUI design
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Setup wizard, System update apps
- Support one-time permissions, improved scoped storage, and auto revoke app permission
- Support to keep Bluetooth connection when airplane mode is activated
- Adjusted notification tray to Android 11 design. Support notification conversations
- Classic style of power button menu supports device control and Google Pay in Android 11
- Updated Style、Auto switch in System color scheme, advanced options for back gesture settings, and SIM card settings. Removed previous ASUS One-hand mode.
- Added Notification history and Bubbles settings
- Integrated PowerMaster features in Mobile Manager into Battery Settings
- Added PowerMaster functions in battery settings, such as slow charging, select charging limit, custom battery modes, Hibernate Apps settings, and so on.
- Adjusted the Quick Settings panel design. Support media control function. Added Nearby Share tiles (Need to add manually).
- Added lock task, screenshot, share options after long pressing the app icon of the task in recent apps screen.
- Adjusted Calculator design to the latest Android style.
- Added “Show blocked calls in call log” option in Call log Settings of ASUS Phone
- Adjusted the size of status bar icons to keep visual consistency
- Added setting alarm by date and group alarm features in Clock
- Support new editing page in Gallery app
- Adjusted to new screenshot and screen recorder folders to fulfill Android 11 requirement
- Updated the default selection logic of data category in Data Transfer
- Adjusted the pages in Setup wizard
- Adjusted options and update mechanism in system update setting
If you want to update your ROG Phone 3 to Android 11, you can follow the steps listed by ASUS on its official website here. Note that the rollout of this new software update is limited only to the Tawainese market for now. If the update doesn’t contain any critical bugs, we should see ASUS releasing the Android 11 update for the ROG Phone 3 globally over the next few days.