Best Oxygen Concentrators In India For COVID-19 Treatment (2021)
Are you searching for the best oxygen concentrator in India? Then you’ve come to the right place because we have shortlisted the best oxygen concentrators in India after carefully considering and studying their features, quality, pricing, and after-sales service. The COVID-19 situation has led to a sharp spike in demand for oxygen concentrators in India and around the world. Over 3 crore Indians have been infected with the COVID-19 (as of June 2021) virus and close to 4 lakh Indian citizens have lost their lives. A lot of people infected with the COVID-19 virus suffer from a drop in blood oxygen concentration levels and face breathing issues, and an oxygen cylinder or an oxygen concentrator can help a lot in increasing their blood oxygen levels and thereby improving their breathing.
Best Oxygen Concentrators in India For COVID-19 Treatment (2021): Price, Features
You can find the best oxygen concentrator models that are available in India in the table below along with their oxygen production capacity, oxygen concentration levels, and price. While there are many brands that are selling oxygen concentrators in India, we recommend the ones from Acer Biomedicals, BPL, Philips, and Yuwell.
|Best Oxygen Concentrator Models In India||Oxygen Production Capacity & Concentration||Price|
|Philips Everflow||5 Litres Per Minute, 93%||₹68,000|
|BPL Oxy 5 Neo||5 Litres Per Minute, 93%||₹58,000|
|BPL Oxy 5 Neo Dual||5 Litres Per Minute, 93%||₹67,000|
|Acer BioMedicals Oxicon 11||5 Litres Per Minute, 93%||₹60,000|
|Yuwell 8F-5A||5 Litres Per Minute, 90-95%||₹37,000|
Top 5 Oxygen Concentrators in India (2021)
1. Philips Everflow 5L Oxygen Concentrator (Price: ₹68,000)
Philips is the most trusted name in the field of medical equipment, and that’s for a few reasons: reliability, quality, and after-sales service. The Philips Everflow is a 5-litre medical-grade oxygen concentrator that can offer patients suffering from breathing issues a respite. It offers an oxygen concentration level of 93% at 5 litres/minute. You can set the oxygen flow rate anywhere from 0.5 litres to 5 litres.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
The Philips Everflow consumes around 350W of energy and generates a noise of 45dB. It is compact (23 x 15 x 9.5 inches), well-built, and has low maintenance needs. It has four wheels at the bottom which makes it easy to move around. Its service cost is quite low, too. Although its MRP is ₹35,000, it is being sold for around ₹68,000 (at the time of publishing this article) due to stock shortage and scalping. The Philips Everflow is the most sought-after oxygen concentrator in India right now due to its quality and reliability.
2. BPL Oxy 5 Neo 5L Oxygen Concentrator (Price: ₹58,000)
BPL is another sought-after name in the medical equipment field. The company makes various high-quality medical equipment and machines like blood pressure monitors, defibrillators, ECGs, infrared thermometers, nebulizers, pulse oxymeters (SpO2 meters), ultrasound scanners, ventilators, X-ray scanners, and more. The BPL Oxy 5 Neo is a 5-litre oxygen concentrator with an oxygen purity of 93%. The BPL Oxy 5 Neo has a built-in LCD screen to check usage hours and LED lights to check the system status. It has a timer function for auto shut down as well.
The BPL Oxy 5 even has a built-in compartment to store accessories. It features four high-quality wheels at the bottom to move it around the house. The BPL Oxy 5 is well-built, but it is bigger and bulkier compared to the Philips Everflow and Yuwell 8F-5A. You can set the oxygen flow level from 0.5 litres to 5 litres using a knob and check the flow level using the scale. It features a power failure alarm & fault self-detection system.
3. BPL Oxy 5 Neo Dual 5L Oxygen Concentrator (Price: ₹67,000)
The BPL Oxy 5 Neo Dual is a 5-litre oxygen concentrator with a 93% oxygen purity as per the company’s claims. The main difference between the BPL Oxy 5 Neo and the BPL Oxy 5 Neo Dual is that the latter comes with two oxygen outlets, which means that two patients can use it simultaneously. There are two scales, which can be used to set the oxygen flow from 0.5 litres to 5 litres. Its LCD screen can be used to check the up-time and usage hours. There are four wheels at the bottom that help in moving around the BPL Oxy 5 Neo Dual easily.
This oxygen concentrator, similar to the BLP Oxy 5 Neo, is built using flame-retardant plastic, making it extremely tough and safe. It has a built-in nebuliser and a timer function for auto-shutdown. The BPL Oxy 5 Neo Dual has various safety systems, including an audio alarm for power failure, compressor failure, low oxygen concentration, and pressure cycle failure. It even features a built-in storage space for storing accessories.
4. Acer BioMedicals Oxicon 11 5L Oxygen Concentrator (Price: ₹60,000)
Acer BioMedicals is yet another brand that makes trustworthy medical equipment. It makes just one oxygen concentrator and it is called the Acer BioMedicals Oxicon 11, and its capacity is 5 litres/minute. The company claims that it can offer oxygen purity of 93% at the 5-litre flow rate. What’s different in the Oxicon 11 from other oxygen concentrators is that it features a huge screen to display oxygen flow rate, oxygen purity, and usage time.
The Oxicon 11 has a slim design and has four wheels at the bottom which makes it easier to move and slide around. It weighs 15kg and its dimensions are 305 x 308 x 680mm. The company says that its noise levels under normal operating conditions are less than 60dB, which is considerably higher than the ones from BPL and Philips.
5. Yuwell 8F-5A 5L Oxygen Concentrator (Price: ₹37,000)
Yuwell is a Chinese brand that makes medical equipment such as blood glucose monitors, blood pressure monitors, nebulisers, oxygen concentrators, pulse oximeters, stethoscopes, thermometers, and more. The Yuwell 8F-5A is a 5-litre oxygen concentrator with an oxygen purity of 90-95%. It is slim, well-built, and comes with an LCD display to show usage time and other things. It even comes with a remote controller so that the patient can control it without moving around. There are four wheels at the bottom for easier moving.
The Yuwell 8F-5A consumes 350W of power, generates less than 46db noise, and weighs 17.5kg. It has a knob to set the oxygen flow rate from 0.5 litres to 5 litres. It even features a sleep timer and an alarm function (to alert the user in case of power or component failure). A lot of state governments and famous brands who are helping the governments by donating oxygen concentrators have been using the Yuwell 8F-5A as their choice, which shows the trust placed on Yuwell’s quality. I have personally used the Yuwell 8F-5A, and I have been more than satisfied with its quality.
What Is An Oxygen Concentrator?
An oxygen concentrator takes air from the environment, remove unwanted gases, and supply highly concentrated oxygen to the user. Humans need oxygen to survive and under normal conditions, around 21% of the air we breathe is oxygen. The rest of it is nitrogen and other gases. 21% oxygen is enough for healthy human beings, but when they suffer from a COVID-19 infection or any other ailment that reduces blood oxygen levels from the body, they need a higher concentration of oxygen to breathe. Medical professionals advise that at least 90% oxygen concentration levels are required if patients are supplied with supplementary oxygen.
Types Of Oxygen Concentrators
There are two types of oxygen concentrators that are available for individual consumers and patients: Home Oxygen Concentrators and Portable Oxygen Concentrators.
- Home Oxygen Concentrators: Most home oxygen concentrators are available in 5-litre and 10-litre capacities. They are the best choice for COVID-19 patients who require a constant oxygen supply of 10 litres per minute or lower. However, home oxygen concentrators need power from the wall socket to work and consume more than 300W of power. They are bulky (15kg-25kg) and they have wheels to move around.
- Portable Oxygen Concentrators: Portable oxygen concentrators are much smaller in size and can be carried around easily. They feature a built-in battery that can be charged, and they last anywhere between 5 hours and 10 hours. However, their oxygen capacity is much lower than home and medical-grade oxygen concentrators. Moreover, their oxygen purity is much lower as well, and portable oxygen concentrators are not recommended to be used by COVID-19 patients.
How To Choose The Best Oxygen Concentrator Machines In India?
There are dozens of oxygen concentrators available in India and a normal consumer can get confused looking at all their features and specifications. Here is what you should look out for while buying an oxygen concentrator for COVID-19 treatment as directed by a doctor or health professional.
- Oxygen Concentrator Capacity or Oxygen Flow Rate: Most home oxygen concentrators come with a capacity of anywhere between 5 litres per minute to 10 litres per minute. You should buy an oxygen concentrator with an oxygen capacity as directed by your doctor. Most doctors are recommending an oxygen concentrator with a capacity of 5 litres per minute when patients can be treated at their homes.
- Oxygen Concentration Level Or Oxygen Purity: Oxygen concentration level (also known as oxygen purity) is quite important when choosing an oxygen concentrator. It is recommended that an oxygen concentrator for COVID-19 home treatment should be 90% or higher. The best oxygen concentrators that we listed in this article have 93% oxygen purity.
- Power Requirements: Most home oxygen concentrators available in India consume 250W or higher power, so make sure that you have enough power supply at your home. We chose the ones with decent power requirements. If you face frequent power cuts at your home, you should invest in a generator or an inverter that can carry a power load of at least 350W.
- Noise: Most oxygen concentrators create noise while supplying oxygen and sleeping in a noisy environment can be challenging at times. However, you should try to choose the one that has 60dB or lower noise levels.
Where To Buy Oxygen Concentrators in India?
Various online stores such as Amazon, Flipkart, and IndiaMart are selling oxygen concentrators in India. However, you should start by inquiring about oxygen concentrators from their respective websites and contact their officials. Then, you can ask them where you can find original oxygen concentrators near your location. You can also search for oxygen concentrators online by using search terms like “Buy Oxygen Concentrator Near Me,” “Buy Oxygen Concentrator Price,” and “Oxygen Concentrator Machine Price” on Google or other internet search engines, and then try contacting the stores that are selling them. Make sure that you check for the warranty, authorised service centres, and after-sales service numbers before making the purchase.