As we wait for Google I/O that’s scheduled for next week, the tech firm has been rolling out a host of updates to its devices. The Google Nest Hub is slated to get an update, as 9to5Google has spotted Google Fit and Fitbit integration for the device. This development was seen on Google’s support page.
The support page details how you can view your activity metrics from Google Fit or Fitbit on your Nest display. This will allow you to check your activity metrics such as number of steps and calories burned from Fitbit or Google Fit directly on your Nest display.
It’s unclear if the new feature will arrive on all Nest Hub displays or if it only applies to the second-generation device. Going by the support document which is filed under “Google Nest Hub (2nd gen)”, the latter is most likely.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Google has listed out the following steps to get started with Nest integration.
- Fire up Google Home and select your profile. Navigate to Assistant settings and choose Wellness.
- Next, tap on Activity and select either your Google Fit or Fitbit device. Tap Connect to link your account.
- To turn on Personal Results, first select your Nest Hub after opening Google Home. Go to Settings. Then navigate to Recognition & Sharing followed by Recognition & Personalization.
- Then turn on “Allow personal results” and select Always show proactively.
- To update your Wellness Settings, start by selecting your profile from Google Home. Navigate to Assistant settings > Wellness.
- Choose your Nest Hub under “Proactive health & fitness results”.
According to latest reports, this integration could make its way to its upcoming Pixel Watch. As multiple leaks and rumours circulate online, one important detail that we have gleaned from them is Fitbit integration. You could possibly view your Fitbit metrics from your Pixel watch on your Nest display.
Discussion about this post