Another update for the Nothing Phone (1) has been released by the brand. Google AR Core compatibility is added to the smartphone with the most recent Nothing OS 1.1.6 firmware upgrade. Since its introduction in July, the Nothing Phone (1) has received six software updates. The company will release the important Android 13 update sometime early the next year, and all these updates till now have been incremental.
The September 2022 Android security patch and Google AR Core support are included in the 62.04MB Nothing Phone (1) NothingOS 1.1.6 release. Let’s examine the additions and changes that the update brings to the Nothing Phone (1).
Nothing Phone (1) NothingOS 1.1.6 Changelogs
- Now supports Google AR Core.
- Indian users covered by Reliance JIO can now access 5G.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
- Sharper videos with improved stability.
- Recording light indicator is now always-on by default.
- Optimised, more fluid Launcher experience.
- More accurate battery status.
- Increased maximum brightness when displaying HDR content.
- Updated, more reactive Flip to Glyph animation.
- Glyph charging light now synced to sound effect.
- Updated NFC sound effect.
- General bug fixes.
Nothing Phone (1) Specifications
The Nothing Phone (1) sports a 6.55-inch Full HD+ OLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, the handset packs the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G+ SoC, along with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS3.1 internal storage.
The Phone (1) features a dual camera configuration on the back with a main 50MP sensor with OIS and an additional 50MP ultra-wide angle sensor. A 16MP sensor in the front is responsible for taking selfies. Other feature on the phone include Android 12 out of the box, dual 5G, a 4,500mAh battery with support for 33W fast wired charging, 15W wireless charging and 5W reverse wireless charging.