Back in June, OnePlus announced the OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 Closed Beta program. In a new development, the company has announced that the OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 update is now available. The latest update for the OnePlus 10 Pro 5G is based on Android 13 and is available for users in India and North America.
OnePlus took it to the OnePlus Community to make a formal announcement regarding the OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Open Beta 1 update. Let us take a closer look at the features and changes that the newest update brings to the OnePlus 10 Pro.
OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Open Beta 1: Changelogs and Features
OnePlus had announced the all-new OxygenOS 13 a few days back at the OnePlus 10T 5G launch event. OxygenOS 13 brings with it an all-new Aquamorphic design, Smart Launcher, Private Safe 2.0, Sidebar Toolbox, and an improved Always on display. Let’s take a closer look at the official changelogs.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
● Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
● Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
● Optimizes fonts for better readability.
● Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
● Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
● Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
● Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
● Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default.
● Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
● Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
● Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
● Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & Privacy
● Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
● Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
● Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
● Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
● Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
● Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1: Prerequisites
OnePlus 10 Pro users running A.15 firmware version are eligible to update their devices to the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1. The brand is also advising users to ensure at least 30 percent of battery and at least 4GB of free storage on the OnePlus 10 Pro before proceeding with the installation process. The OxygenOS 13 Open beta update is available for OnePlus 10 Pro unlocked units in India and North America only.
OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1: Installation Procedure
OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 installation procedure is quite simple and the company has shared the details in the Community post. Take a look at OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Open Beta 1 installation process below:
- Download the OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 India build or OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 North America build depending on the region.
- Copy the downloaded file to the phone storage.
- Head over to Settings -> About device -> Version and then tap on the build number seven times to enter into developer mode.
- Now navigate to Settings -> About device -> Up to date -> Click the top right button -> Local install -> Click on the downloaded file -> Extract -> Upgrade -> System upgrade
- After the process completes, tap on Restart.
OnePlus is also offering users the option to downgrade to OxygenOS 12 in case they’re not satisfied with the OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 Open Beta update. However, do note that downgrading to OxygenOS 12 will require a clean flash, so users need to back up their data before rolling back to Android 12.