OnePlus 6, 6T Finally Get The Stable Android 11 Update
OnePlus has finally started rolling out the Android 11 update to the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T. The stable OxygenOS 11 update based on Android 11 comes right after the company released the third beta Android 11 update two days ago. However, it is a shame that OnePlus’ flagship smartphones from three years ago had to wait so long to receive the Android 11 update. The stable Android 11 update for the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T, OxygenOS 11 now brings a new UI design, new camera UI, new shelf design with smart animations, and a bunch of new improvements to Game Space.
OnePlus 6, 6T Receive Android 11 Update Earlier Than Promised Timeframe
OnePlus had released the third beta version of the Android 11 update to the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T two days ago. It had fixed VoWiFi issues, added enhancements to the YouTube app, and introduced device stability improvements. Since all the major bugs were solved, OnePlus moved forward and made the update available as the stable Android 11 update for all OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T users.
OnePlus mentioned in its official forum post that the Android 11 update for the OnePlus 6 and the OnePlus 6T is rolling out in stages, so you might not get the update right away. The company should widen the reach of the Android 11 update shortly, though. As for the changes in the OxygenOS 11, it brings a new UI, updated camera UI, a bunch of new Game Space improvements, new Insight clock style, Canvas feature, a quick setting toggle for Dark Mode, a new Shelf interface design, and a lot of other new changes that are mentioned below.
OnePlus 6, 6T Android 11 Stable Update Changelog
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Have you received the stable Android 11 update on your OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T? Do let us know in the comments below.