OnePlus has started rolling out the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 update for the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and the OnePlus 8T smartphones. As per the details published by OnePlus on its community forum, the new software update is rolling out to Open beta test users first. The newly released software update brings in all the OxygenOS 12 goodies such as three adjustable levels of Dark Mode, improved shelf, updated work-life balance feature, Canvas AOD, and much more. Let us take a look at what the new software update includes.
OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T Get Android 12 Update
According to the details published by OnePlus on its community forum, the OnePlus 8 Android 12 update arrives with firmware version as IN2011_11.C.11 and IN2015_11.C.11 for the Indian and North American users. On the other hand, the OnePlus 8 Pro Android 12 update carries firmware versions as IN2021_11.C.11 and IN2025_11.C.11 respectively. Furthermore, the Android 12 update comes with a firmware version as KB2001_11.C.11 in India and KB2005_11.C.11 in North America for the OnePlus 8T.
The Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 brings in optimized desktop icons with improved textures, updated Dark Mode and work-life balance features, Canvas AOD, and fixes for some known issues related to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. The update also adds style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read in the Shelf. Here’s the changelog of the new software update:
OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus 8T Android 12 Update Changelog
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Fixed the issue that unable to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
- Fixed the issue that wireless earphones cannot play sound when connecting Bluetooth in specific scenarios
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
- The clock displays smaller. You can try to adjust it manually or delete it and add the clock widget again
- Phone application may be replaced by Contacts in Dock. You can adjust it manually to move Phone application in the right place
The Android 12 update for the OnePlus 8 series is only available for Open beta test users. It will be available for the stable branch shortly, according to the company.
Have you received the Android 12 update on your OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, or the OnePlus 8T? Do let us know in the comments section below.
Discussion about this post