A few days ago, OnePlus released the third open beta build of Android 12 for the OnePlus Nord. The build fixed some issues, brought in the April Android 2022 security patch, and improved stability for the OnePlus Nord. Now, without any ado, OnePlus has gone one step further and released the stable Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 update for the OnePlus Nord. As per the details shared by the brand via its community forum, the stable Android 12 update for the OnePlus Nord is currently available in India. However, the OTA update for EU users will require additional validation steps and will be released soon as possible.
OnePlus Nord Android 12 Update Released
As for the changes, the new software update brings in Android 12 for the OnePlus Nord and some other essential features which OnePlus has added in the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12. As per a report by XDA Developers, the new software update for the OnePlus Nord in India arrives with OxygenOS 12.1. The update includes Android security patch of April 2022, three adjustable levels for Dark Mode, enhanced Work-Life Balance feature, new diverse styles of lines and colors for Canvas AOD, and much more. Here’s the changelog of the OnePlus Nord Android 12 stable update:
OnePlus Nord Android 12 (OxygenOS 12) Update Changelog
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] new additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work Life Balance
- [Added] Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Supported] automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Supported] switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- [Added] new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
The newly released Android 12 stable update has the same changelog as that of the open beta 3 update, and hence the known issues remain the same for the stable build.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
- The display of some pages in Settings will be different from the system.
- The screen will glitch in specific scenarios when calling.
- Camera may crash when shooting photos in Portrait mode.
- The abnormal display of thumbnail when taking burst pictures.
- The abnormal display of Quick device connect when in the Guest mode.
Before you go ahead and update your device, make sure that the handset has a battery level above 30 percent and a minimum of 3GB storage space. As this is an incremental update, it will reach limited users initially. We can expect the broader release of the OnePlus Nord Android 12 update in the coming few weeks.
How To Install Android 12 Update On Your OnePlus Nord?
If you have received the Android 12 update notification on your OnePlus Nord unit, you can tap on notifications and update the device to Android 12. You can also head over to Settings > System > System Update, to check if you have received the Android 12 update. However, if you have not received it yet, you can follow the steps given below. Do note that if you are on the stable OxygenOS 12 build, you can consider installing the update manually. Additionally, before installing the update, we suggest you take a backup of your important data.
- Download the Full OTA package from here (Only For OnePlus Nord India Unit)
- Copy the package to the phone storage.
- Go to Settings > System > System Update
- Click the Settings icon in the right corner, click on Local Upgrade, and click to install the downloaded .zip file.
- Once done, reboot your device to enjoy the Android 12 on your OnePlus Nord
If you wish to move back to OxygenOS 11, you can do so by installing the rollback package from here. However, keep in mind that it will wipe all your data. So before you proceed, we would recommend you to take a backup of all the data.
Have you received the Android 12 update on your OnePlus Nord? Do let us know in the comments section below.