The 2021 Realme 8 4G, a mid-range handset, is finally receiving the stable Realme UI 3.0 based on the Android 12 update. The device had received the Realme UI 3.0 early access version earlier this year in January 2022. However, only a few users got an opportunity to experience the firmware as it was a limited rollout. The Realme UI 3.0 brings an updated design, improves fluidity, new features, personalisation, and enhanced privacy.
Realme will be seeding the firmware update for the Realme 8 4G smartphone in a phased manner. So, it might take a while before it reaches your device. Keep an eye out for the firmware version RMX3085_11.C.06. Also, bear in mind that your device needs to be on firmware version RMX3085_11.A.24 / RMX3085_11.A.26 to get the stable update.
Realme 8 Realme UI 3.0 Changelog:
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimises Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike and optimises more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”, Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
- Flex Drop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimised.
- Optimises the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimises the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimises categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos and Calendar.
The update won’t wipe your personal data, but it is advisable to take a backup before attempting such a major OS update. After updating to the latest firmware, your device may take some time to boot if it was loaded to the gills with third-party applications. Realme says the system will execute application adaptation, background optimisation, and security scanning to improve the system operation efficiency and eliminate potential safety risks.