Samsung has launched a new mid-range smartphone—Galaxy M51—in India. The smartphone debuted in Germany and Russia last week, and now it has made it to Indian shores. The Galaxy M51 focuses on offering a big screen, a powerful processor, and an extremely high-capacity battery, something that everyone craves for.
The Galaxy M51 competes not only with OPPO Reno 3 Pro, Realme X3, Realme X2 Pro, Realme 7 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi K20, and Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, but also with Samsung’s own smartphones like the Galaxy A51 and the Galaxy A71. However, it is among the best-specced Samsung smartphones ever and could really make its mark in the market. Let us have a look at its price and features.
Samsung Galaxy M51 Price in India, Launch Offers
The Galaxy M51 price in India is set at ₹24,999 for the base variant which has 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. The variant with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage is priced at ₹26,999. It comes in two colors: Celestial Black and Electric Blue. The smartphone will be available in India starting September 18 at 12 PM via Flipkart and Samsung’s own website.
Samsung is offering a discount of ₹2,000 on EMI and non-EMI transactions made via HDFC Bank cards (debit and credit) if the purchase is made between September 18 and September 20. That results in the final price of ₹22,999 and ₹25,999 for the 6GB RAM and 8GB RAM variants. The introductory discount will only be available through Amazon.in.
- Extended Warranty: ₹1,580
- Screen Protection: ₹2,799
- Spills and Drops Protection: ₹3,979
Samsung Galaxy M51 Specifications
The Galaxy M51 sports a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O display with Full HD+ resolution and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The phone’s chassis is made using plastic, while its rear is covered in plastic material. The phone has a side-mounted capacitive fingerprint reader. It runs Android 10 with One UI 2.0 Core. The Galaxy M51 is equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G processor, which is among the most powerful mid-range processors. There is 6GB/8GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage. There is a microSD card slot for storage space expansion.
Samsung has equipped the Galaxy M51 with a 32MP selfie camera that can record Full HD 30fps videos. The selfie camera has an F2.0 aperture, 26mm lens, and a 1/2.8-inch sensor. At the rear, the Galaxy M51 has four cameras: 64MP wide-angle camera, a 12MP ultrawide camera, a 5MP depth sensor, and a 5MP macro camera. The 64MP camera uses a 1/1.72-inch sensor, an F1.8 aperture, 26mm lens, PDAF, and 0.8µm pixels. It can record 4K 30fps videos. The 12MP camera has an F2.2 aperture and a 123° ultrawide-angle lens. Both 5MP sensors sit behind an F2.4 aperture lens.
The Galaxy M51 has A-GPS, BDS, Galileo, and GLONASS support for location and navigation purposes. It also features a dual-nano SIM card slot, dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, a USB 2.0 Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. It is powered by an absolutely massive (by smartphone standards), 7,000mAh battery that can easily last two days of use. You will struggle to force the phone to use all its battery charge in one day. The Galaxy M51 supports 25W fast charging via the bundled charger and reverse wired charging as well.
- Screen: 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus, Infinity-O, Full HD+, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Build: Plastic Frame, Plastic Rear, Glass Front
- Operating System: Android 10, One UI 2.0 Core
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G
- Memory, Storage: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4 RAM, 128GB Storage, MicroSD Card Slot (Up To 512GB)
- Front Camera: 32MP (1/2.8-inch sensor), F2.0 Aperture, 26mm Lens, Fixed-Focus, Full HD (1080p) 30fps Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 64MP (1/1.72-inch sensor), F1.8 Aperture, 26mm Lens, PD Autofocus, 4K 30fps Video Recording + 12MP, F2.2 aperture, 123° ultrawide-angle lens, 4K 30fps Video Recording + 5MP Depth Sensor, F2.4 Aperture, 5MP Camera, Macro Lens, and F2.4 Aperture.
- Connectivity: Dual-Nano SIM, 4G LTE, 3G, 2G, A-GPS, BDS, Galileo, GLONASS, Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0 (LE, AAC, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC), NFC, USB 2.0 Type-C port, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Battery: 7,000mAh, 25W Fast Charging via USB-PD Charger, Reverse Wired Charging