Amazon Prime Video has added a movie rental option to its streaming service in India. The Amazon Prime Store will allow both subscribers as well as non-subscribers to rent regional and international flicks.
The service currently lets you rent out movies such as Spider-Man: No Way Home, The Batman, Moonfall, Joker, The Matrix Resurrections, War, and Dog, among many others. The movies will be available in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada. The prices for these movies start from ₹99 to ₹499. Prime members can rent these movies in HD or 4K UHD resolutions.
Gaurav Gandhi, head of Amazon Prime Video, India, commented at the launch, “We are super excited about the launch. The service would widen customers’ reach and choice. It enables them to pay per movie, instead of a flat monthly fee.”
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
India, with its huge population, is a major market for OTT platforms, and Amazon is gearing up to double its investments in the Prime Video service in the country. Additionally, it has promised to add 40 original series and movies to its video rental service over the next two years.
How To Rent Movies On Amazon Prime Video Store
- Visit the Prime Video website using a browser on your computer or smartphone/tablet.
- Click on the Store tab from the navigation bar.
- Choose the movie you wish to rent from the available library.
- Selecting the movie will take you to the details page. Here, click on the Rent option at the bottom of the page.
- You will need to sign in to your account in order to rent the movie.
- The platform allows only credit and debit card transactions at the moment. Make the payment and you are set.
Your rented movie will be available for viewing on Amazon Prime Video for 30 days. If you play the movie, then you have to finish watching it in the next 48 hours. You can also rent multiple movies on the portal.