Apple had released the watchOS 8.6 beta 2 update to developers last week. The brand is now rolling out the third test version of the upcoming operating system for the Apple Watch. The latest version introduces some notable changes to the Apple Pay and Apple Wallet apps, which include rebranding of the Apple Pay app as “Apple Cash”.
watchOS 8.6 beta 3 is available alongside the third beta version of iOS 15.5, iPadOS 15.5, tvOS 15.5, and macOS 12.4. Let’s check out the details of the latest watchOS 8.6 beta 3 update.
Apple watchOS 8.6 Beta 3 Update Details
According to a 9to5Mac report, the latest watchOS 8.6 beta 3 is now rolling out to developers with the exact build number 19T5562f. The update brings some notable features to the Apple Pay and Apple Wallet apps. The new updates are:
- Physical Apple Card is now called “Titanium Card” in Wallet settings
- Apple Pay rebranded as “Apple Cash” in Messages app
- iTunes Pass rebranded as “Apple Account Card” in the Wallet app
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Also Read: Apple macOS 12.4 Beta 3 Released To Compatible Macs: Here’s What’s New
After installing the update, iTunes Pass will become a new card called the “Apple Account Card”. This card will be displayed in the Wallet app just like the Apple Card and the Apple Cash card. This way, instead of having to show a QR Code when shopping at an Apple Store, the user will be able to complete the purchase using Apple Pay.
watchOS 8.6 does not offer much when it comes to introducing new features to the Apple wearables. Comparably, the current version, watchOS 8.5, offers a host of useful features including 37 new emojis. It also includes:
- The ability to authorize Apple TV purchases and subscriptions
- COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet, which now supports the EU Digital COVID Certificate format
- Updates to irregular rhythm notifications designed to improve atrial fibrillation identification (available in select regions)
- Audio hints in Fitness+ provide you with audio commentary of visually demonstrated moves during workouts
What are your thoughts on the latest watchOS 8.6 beta 3 update being rolled out to Apple Watch? Do let us know in the comments section below.
Discussion about this post