Meta has released a fresh update to introduce new ways for users to organize and quickly access their Facebook Groups. This will help group admins and members to keep up with their community engagements. The latest Facebook update brings to you the ability to create various channels, pin favourite groups to the top of your lineup, and access group menus. Let us check out the new Facebook Group features in detail.
Facebook Groups: List Of New Features
With the latest update, Meta has added the following features to the Facebook Groups:
- Channels: Facebook group members can now make channels. Channels are focused spaces for people to connect in smaller, more casual settings within their community. Different channel formats supported by Facebook Groups are as follows:
- Community chat channels– It is a place for people to message, collaborate and form deeper relationships around topics in a more real-time way across both Facebook Groups and Messenger.
- Community audio channels– It is a feature that allows admins and members to casually jump in and out of audio conversations in real time.
- Community feed channels: It is a way for community members to connect when it’s most convenient for them. Admins can organize their communities around topics within the group for members to talk about more specific interests.
Also Read: Facebook Discontinues Watch App For Apple TV
- Sidebar: The latest update adds a new sidebar that helps you find your favourite Facebook groups easily. It will list your groups and the latest activity within them, such as new posts or chats you haven’t yet seen.
- Pin your favourite groups: You can now pin your favourite groups, so they show up first, discover new groups or even create your own. For example, if you want quick access to the latest recipes in your cooking group, you can now pin it to the top, find related groups, and be inspired to start your own.
- Group Menu: Within each Facebook group, you’ll also find a new menu that shows events, shops, and various channels to make it easier to discover topics important to you.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
What do you think of the latest Facebook Groups update? Do let us know in the comments section down below.
Discussion about this post