Microsoft has started rolling out the new Windows 11 preview build for Insiders enrolled in the Beta Channel. The latest Windows Beta build is being released via firmware version 22623.885 and brings along a host new features including quick access to Windows Studio Effects, a new Energy Recommendations page in Settings, and more. Let us check out the update in detail.
Windows Studio Effects were previously accessible via the Windows Settings app. With the latest build, users will be able to access the features with a few clicks directly from the Taskbar. It allows users to perform actions such as turning on/off voice focus, background blur, eye contact, and more.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Furthermore, the latest Windows 11 beta build also adds a new Energy Recommendations page in the Windows Settings app, which will guide users through things they can do on their PC to improve energy efficiency and reduce your carbon footprint. This is not all, Microsoft is also rolling out the expanded Widgets panel feature to more Insiders on the Beta Channel.
The update is now rolling out to all users in the Insider Beta Channel. Here’s the full changelog for the latest Windows 11 build 22623.885:
- Windows Studio effects can now be accessed directly from Quick Settings on the taskbar, for devices that have a supported Neural Processing Unit (NPU). This makes it quick and easy to enable and configure camera effects and audio effects. You can still access these effects in the Settings pages if desired.
- Energy Recommendations are being rolled out under Settings > System > Power & Battery > Energy Recommendations. Users can review and apply these recommendations to improve the energy efficiency of their PC and reduce your carbon footprint.
- The software giant is also planning on introducing some new changes that will users to expand the size of their widgets board.
- The latest build also includes support to rearrange icons in the hidden icons flyout in the system tray that began rolling out with Build 22623.746.
- The update also adds a new Tamil Anjal keyboard for the Tamil language.
- The build includes support for the use of clipboard history (WIN + V) on password fields.
- Fixed a few explorer.exe crashes related to the recent taskbar and system tray work.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the volume icon in the system tray to incorrectly show as muted.
What are your thoughts on the latest Windows 11 build 22623.885? Do let us know in the comments section below.