Google, last month at Google I/O, unveiled the latest iteration of its mobile operating system—Android 13. The same week, OnePlus released the OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Developer Preview program, which is the company’s current-gen flagship. However, seems like the first Android 13 build for the flagship device had bugs and other issues. As a result, the brand has now started rolling out a new update, based on Android 13, for the OnePlus 10 Pro.
Let us take a closer look at what the new update has in store for OnePlus 10 Pro users.
OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Update: Changelogs and Features
OnePlus, with the latest developer preview version update, brings the May Android security patch to the OnePlus 10 Pro. Besides, the brand has fixed an issue due to which users were unable to close all background apps. Also, the crashing issue while turning 5G on/off has been fixed, as per the changelogs. Take a look at the official changelogs below:
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
- [Fixed] the issue that Data usage cannot display
- [Fixed] the issue of crash when turning off/on 5G network
- [Fixed] the issue that unable to close all background programs
- [Fixed] the issue that the lock screen password was required to enter the launcher after restoring factory settings
- [Optimized] the overall shooting effect of the camera, improved the user experience
OnePlus claims that the new update will improve the overall system stability. However, do note that this is a developer preview release, so we can expect it to be as good as an Open Beta or a Stable build. The brand, along with the changelogs and improvements, has also published a list of the known issues.
OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 Developer Preview Update: Known Issues
OnePlus has shared a list of known issues and bugs that users are encountering with the OnePlus 10 Pro Developer Preview builds. These include UI inconsistencies, frequent crashes, and lags. Take a look at the OnePlus 10 Pro Android 13 known issues below:
- UI display sometimes might be abnormal
- Music playing cannot be paused normally via wired headphones
- Occasional abnormal response for gesture operation when the screen was off
- No response when tapping the video call button
- Auto brightness sometimes works abnormally
- Crash issue when setting the Fingerprint animation in Personalizations
- Lagging issue caused by switching screen refresh rate
- Some applications might be lost after upgrading
Even though the brand says that the latest build is stable compared to the previous builds, we will not recommend users to flash it on their primary devices since the build is meant to be used by app developers only. Regular OnePlus 10 Pro users should wait for the company to release a Beta update in the coming weeks/months.
Do you use a OnePlus 10 Pro as a daily driver? If yes, have you opted for the OnePlus 10 Po Developer Preview program? Do let us know down in the comments section.
Follow Onsitego on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube to get the latest news, reviews, maintenance tips, and videos about your favourite gadgets and appliances.
Discussion about this post