Last month, OnePlus released the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 Open beta 1 software update for the OnePlus 9/9 Pro. The new update brought in all the Android 13 features as well as new changes which OnePlus has added in its custom OxygenOS 13 skin. Now, the company has released the OxygenOS 13 Open beta 2 software update for the OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, and the OnePlus 9RT. The newly released OxygenOS 13 Open beta 2 update includes more functional features compared to the first beta build.
OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 Software Update Released For OnePlus 9 Series
As per the details shared by OnePlus, OnePlus 9/9 Pro users need to be running OxygenOS C.63/C.65 version (IN&NA users) and C.64/C.65 software version (EU users). On the other hand, if you are using the OnePlus 9RT, your unit needs to be running the latest OxygenOS 12 version (C.07). As far as the changes go, the new software update contains Aquamorphic Design theme colors, upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, Meeting Assistant, media playback control, markup tools for screenshot editing, optimizations for Canvas Always-On Display, an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots, and much more. Here’s the changelog of the new software update below:
OnePlus 9/9 Pro, OnePlus 9RT OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 Software Update Changelog
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps).
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
• Adds Jio 5G function.
As mentioned above, the update also contains some known issues such as:
In order to use the Jio 5G function, your device needs to be rebooted again after upgrading.
• After switching the system dynamic wallpaper, the lock screen time is displayed abnormally.
• Due to the control of the system power consumption, the screen would stay at 60Hz when using WhatsApp and Snapchat.
• Eye comfort mode cannot be activated in specific scenarios.
Do note that those users running OxygenOS 13 Open beta 1 will receive the OxygenOS 13 Open beta 2 build gradually. Also, in order to update your device to the latest Open beta 2, make sure that the battery level is over 30% and it has at least 5.5GB of internal storage.