A couple of weeks ago, OnePlus released the OxygenOS 13 Open beta software update for the OnePlus 9 series of smartphones. In a recent development, the company has released the stable version of Android 13 with OxygenOS 13 for the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro devices. The update is currently rolling out in North America, Europe, and India. Let us take a look at the details.
OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro Android 13 Update: Changelog
The latest OxygenOS 13 based on Android 13 introduces the following new features and improvements for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro users:
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colours for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behaviour recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery (Supports only some apps).
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for a smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Optimizes cross-device file transfer, with more file formats and device models supported.
- Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
The update is currently rolling out in phases, you there are chances that you might already have received a notification regarding the same. Have you received the latest Android 13 update on your OnePlus device yet? Do let us know in the comments section below.