OnePlus released the first OxygenOS 13 Open beta update for the OnePlus 8 series smartphones a few days back. Additionally, the brand rolled out the OxygenOS 13 Open beta 2 update for the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro recently. Now, the OnePlus 10T is the latest device that is getting a taste of the OxygenOS 13 Open beta update. Yesterday, the company took to its community forum to confirm the release of the first OxygenOS 13 Open beta update for the OnePlus 10T.
OnePlus has stated that the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 Open beta update is currently rolling out only in India. To update your handset to the newly released build, make sure that your OnePlus 10T unit is running OxygenOS 12 version (A.08/A.10). When it comes to the changes, the newly released OxygenOS 13 is based on Android 13 OS, and it includes aquamorphic design theme colors, upgrades to quantum animation engine 4.0, optimization for widget design, fonts, system icons and much more.
Furthermore, the update also adds a Meeting assistant, eye comfort in Kids Space, media playback control, markup tools for screenshot editing, optimization for bitmojis, Canvas Always-On Display, and an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. Considering that this is the first beta build, it might contain some issues. Additionally, some of the apps might not work in some cases. Here’s what’s new in the OxygenOS 13 update for the OnePlus 10T:
OnePlus 10T OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Update Changelog
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
• Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open a floating window inside apps for smooth operation.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
The new build also includes some known issues such as:
• The wallpaper is blurry on the lock screen in specific scenarios.
• The charging prompt on the lock screen is not displayed normally.
• Expansion function in the Movie Mode is not displayed normally.
In case you are planning to update your handset to OxygenOS 13 Open beta 1, make sure that it has a battery level over 30 percent and at least 5.5GB of internal space available. Also, take a backup of all your essential data before proceeding with the installation. For the full installation process, you can head over to the OnePlus website, where the brand has also detailed the rollback steps to the stable version.