Alongside the OxygenOS 13 Open beta update for the OnePlus 8 series, OnePlus has also started seeding the OxygenOS 13 Open beta build for the OnePlus 9R smartphone in India. The new software update for the OnePlus 9R brings with it support for Airtel 5G and a host of new OxygenOS 13 features.
If you want to update your OnePlus 9R unit to the OxygenOS 13 beta version, make sure that it is currently running the OxygenOS 12 (C.35) version. Furthermore, the handset will require at least 30% battery life and 5.5GB of internal space available.
OnePlus 9R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Update Now Available
The new OxygenOS 13 beta update brings in aquamorphic design theme colors, Kids Space, Meeting assistant, and upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0. Furthermore, the update optimizes the widget design, fonts for better readability, earphone connectivity, and Bitmoji. The new OxygenOS 13 software version also includes an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots and new privacy and security-related features. Here’s the changelog of the OxygenOS 13 software update:
OnePlus 9R OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Update Changelog
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customized avatars.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
• Optimizes the pre-launch capabilities of Quick startup to load games faster.
How To Install OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Build On OnePlus 9R?
Do note that this is a beta build and it may contain some critical bugs. Additionally, some of the third-party apps won’t work in some scenarios. In case you want to install the OxygenOS 13 beta software on your device, you can download the installation file. After downloading it, you will have to place the file in your internal storage. Thereafter, you will have to head over to Settings > About device > Version > Click Build number five times and enter the password to enable the developer mode.
Now that developer mode is enabled, go to Settings > About device > Up to date > Click the top right button > Local install > Click on the corresponding installation package > Extract > Upgrade > System upgrade completed to 100%. After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.