OnePlus has started rolling out OxygenOS 13 Open beta update for the OnePlus 9RT in India. Prior to releasing the OxygenOS 13 Open beta update, the Chinese smartphone maker had announced the Android 13 closed beta program for the OnePlus 9RT back in August. The company took to its community forum to announce the OnePlus 9RT OxygenOS 13 Open beta program. The new software update for the OnePlus 9RT brings in OxygenOS 13 features such as aquamorphic design, upgrades to the Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, Meeting assistant, and a host of new features.
OnePlus 9RT OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Update Features
The OxygenOS 13 also includes responsive layouts, new security and privacy features, optimization for the screencast, earphone connectivity, Canvas Always-On Display, and Kids Space. The new software version also consists of an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots and more markup tools for screenshot editing. Here’s the changelog of the new software update below:
OnePlus 9RT OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Features
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connecting and note-taking experience and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps).
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
How To Install OxygenOS 13 Open Beta Update On OnePlus 9RT?
Do note that this is a beta build and it might also contain some bugs. Additionally, some of the third-party apps might not work well. Before proceeding to install Android 13, make sure that your unit has least 5.5GB of free internal storage and least 30% battery. Also, to install the OxygenOS 13 beta update, you must ensure that your OnePlus 9RT unit is running the firmware version C.07.
If you wish to install the new software update manually, you can download the Open beta firmware from here. After downloading the same, you will have to place this package to your device’s internal storage. Then, you will have to enable the developer mode and head over to Settings > About device > Up to date > Click the top right button > Local install > Tap on the installation package > and click on Install.