OnePlus is now pushing out the Android 12 open beta for the OnePlus Nord. The smartphone shipped with Android 10 out of the box, which was later upgraded to Android 11 based on OxygenOS 11. As per OnePlus’ two-year update policy, Android 12 could be the last major upgrade for the phone. The OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 8 series devices were recently updated to OxygenOS 12, and now it’s time for the Nord to receive the latest update.
The new OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus Nord includes a slew of new features, including subtle design changes aimed at making the experience more intuitive for OnePlus phone owners, Canvas AOD 2.0, which adds more customization options with options, a new Privacy Dashboard feature, as well as other privacy upgrades.
OnePlus Nord Android 12 Changelog
OnePlus Nord’s OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 is now available, according to a recent announcement on the OnePlus Community forums. The Open Beta program lets users check out the new software before it is released to the general public. The latest release contains all of Android 12’s features, such as the Privacy Dashboard, camera and microphone toggles, redesigned home screen widgets, and more.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Some of the significant enhancements in the OnePlus Nord’s Oxygen OS 12 open beta are a new battery-saving function, support for configurable dark mode settings, new gallery gestures, and more.
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] new additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- WorkLife Balance
- [Added] WorkLife Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Supported] automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Supported] switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- [Added] new diverse styles of lines and colours, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and support for colour adjustment
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin colour of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time]
You may download the OTA package and flash it on your smartphone if you want to check out the beta build before the stable upgrade arrives. To begin the installation, download the OTA package, copy it to Internal Storage, and then go to Settings > System > System Updates > Local upgrade and choose the OTA package.