OnePlus has started seeding the OxygenOS 12 based on the Android 12 OS for its OnePlus Nord N200 smartphone. This update will be available for the unlocked version of the Nord N200 users in the US and Canada. Apart from the new operating system, this update also bundles in the May 2022 security package and a host of features and improvements.
The OnePlus Nord N200 is a budget 5G smartphone that was introduced back in 2021. It came with Android 11 out of the box and OnePlus had promised one major update for the handset. This new C.15 firmware packs the stable build of Android 12 and is most likely to be the final major OS update for the N200. It may not be getting the upcoming Android 13 OS update. However, it will get security update patches for three years as promised.
The new firmware updates its AI System Booster to 2.1, which will help maintain performance even under high load. The Dark mode has received three adjustable levels to offer more personalisation options to the user. The Gallery app has received a few enhancements and the newly added “Work Life Balance” feature lets you switch between modes through quick settings. Let’s have a look at the complete changelog below.
OnePlus Nord N200 5G (Unlocked) Update: Changelog
- [Optimized] AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load was high.
- [Added] Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment.
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05.
- Dark Mode
- [Added] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
- [Added] style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read.
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc.
- [Added] OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status.
- Work Life Balance
- [Added] Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings.
- [Added] the support of automatic Work and Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization.
- [Added] the support of switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Bear in mind that this update is only for the unlocked version of the Nord N200 5G. The update for the carrier-specific versions will be rolled out later. The new update will be released in a phased manner and might take some time before you get it on your device. So, keep checking for the OTA update notifications.