Twitter has announced a new Location Spotlight feature, which allows all businesses with professional accounts to display their location, address, hours of operation, and additional contact information on their profiles. Previously, the feature was only available to users in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. The Location Spotlight feature is currently being rolled out to all professional accounts globally.
Twitter’s New Location Spotlight Feature: Here’s How It Works
The Location Spotlight is now available to all professionals on Twitter. The feature will give an extra boost to their businesses by allowing them to add a map of their business location. Customers can simply click on the map to get directions and reach the location. Besides, it also allows users to add additional contact information to their Twitter profiles so that customers can reach them via phone, text, email, or Twitter Direct Message.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Apart from this, the social media giant is also working on launching some other productive features for the professional accounts, such as:
- Professional Home: It will be a centralized resource hub within the app, which will allow professionals to access a homepage to track performance, discover product offerings, tap into additional resources and drive performance. The feature will be made available to all professional accounts in the coming weeks.
- More Profile Spotlights: These spotlights will enable professionals to encourage potential customers to take the actions they care about most when discovering their account on Twitter.
- New “Taking Care of Business” Workshop Series: The series is designed to help professionals who are just getting started with Twitter gain a better understanding of the newest products and offerings available to Professionals on the Platform, or simply need a refresher on how to leverage Twitter to grow their business. The workshops will cover how to set up your Professional Account; how to activate an appropriate spotlight for your business and how to tweet confidently and engage with your audience.
In addition, Twitter will be rolling out ten à la carte courses on the Twitter Flight School. It will cover several topics such as:
- How to leverage Twitter to drive customers to buy
- How to Up Your Tweet Game
- Creating a Community of Engaged Followers
- Keeping it Simple: The 4 Cs of Content Strategy
In order to access all the new features, you will have to convert your account to a Twitter Professional account. Alternatively, you can access professional tools through the left-navigation sidebar within the Twitter app and select Twitter for Professionals to get started.
What are your thoughts on the new Location Spotlight feature being rolled out by Twitter? Do let us know in the comments section below.