Making a switch from iPhone to Android can be a painful experience if you are invested in WhatsApp. Sure, there are a few paid apps that enable you to transfer your chat history from Apple’s smartphone to Android, but these apps are a bit of a hit-and-miss affair and they cost a lot. Samsung was the first brand to crack this problem. Back in August, the South Korean company introduced the WhatsApp Chat Transfer feature, exclusively for its flagship smartphones, the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and the Galaxy Z Flip 3. Since fans of other brands were feeling left out, Google has finally stepped in to integrate this feature into the latest version of Android.
In a blog post, Google has announced that transferring your WhatsApp chat history from iPhone to Android is now easier than ever. Developing such a transfer app is quite tricky as it deals with data encryption across different operating systems. As per the search giant, it worked closely with the WhatsApp team. There’s a catch though, the feature is currently only available for Android 12 handsets including the Pixel smartphones. So, it won’t be widely available unless brands decide to update their line-up to the latest version of Android.
How To Transfer WhatsApp Chat History From iPhone To Android
- Connect your iPhone and Android device using USB-C to Lightning cable.
- Begin setting up your new Android handset.
- During the process, your Android 12 device will prompt you with a QR code for WhatsApp Chat Transfer.
- Open the camera app on your iPhone and scan the barcode. Click on Start on your iPhone and wait for the process to complete.
- In the meantime, continue the setup process on your new Android device.
- Once your Android phone setup is complete, fire up WhatsApp and log in using the same number you were using on the iPhone.
- The WhatsApp app on your Android smartphone will prompt you with an Import button. After this process is complete, you’ll be able to see all the WhatsApp messages from your iPhone onto your new Android 12 handset.