Last year, Google had unveiled Android 12L a few months after releasing the stable version of Android 12. Android 12L is tailor-made for large-screen devices like tablets and foldable phones, and it brings an updated design, a dual-pane UI for the notification menu and settings, a dedicated taskbar, and a lot more.
The Android 12L developer cycle took its next step, and the Beta 2 version has been released to compatible Pixel smartphones. Owners of Pixel devices who have enrolled in the Beta Program can now test Android 12L Beta 2 on their device.
Android 12L Developer Beta 2 Update Changelog
Android 12L Developer Beta 2 is an incremental update and brings relatively minor changes. There are some bug fixes, but most importantly, it’s a step towards the public build, which is expected to happen in March 2022. Meanwhile, here’s Google’s official statement after the Android 12 Beta 2 release:
Starting at Beta 2, system behaviors and APIs are finalized. This is the time to begin final testing and development work needed to ensure that a compatible version of your app will be ready for users getting this update. 12L will have a standard API level (API level 32) at this time.
- Fixed an issue where the clock on the lock screen was not centered on the screen. (Issue #209866500)
- Fixed an issue where all the recent apps in the recent apps view showed as a black image with an “App isn’t available” toast message. (Issue #210442689)
- Fixed an issue where using gestures to switch between apps sometimes left an image of the previous app’s state showing over part of the current app. (Issue #211095552)
Other Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue where some icons on the lock screen were too small when viewed on larger screens.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the lock screen was not dismissed after unlocking a device.
- Fixed an issue that caused bitmap images to disappear or otherwise render incorrectly in widgets.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
For those enrolled in the beta program, this is not the final beta build. There will be one more beta update coming next month before Google rolls out the stable version of Android 12L to the public. As for this update, the Android 12L Beta 2 comes with the build number S2B2.211202.006 and brings the January 2022 security patch.
Android 12L Developer Beta 2 Update: Compatible Devices
- Google Pixel 3a
- Google Pixel 3a XL
- Google Pixel 4
- Google Pixel 4 XL
- Google Pixel 4a
- Google Pixel 4a 5G
- Google Pixel 5
- Google Pixel 5a
- Google Pixel 6
- Google Pixel 6 Pro
The update will be available to the Android Emulator as well. Below is the changelog for your reference: