OnePlus has started seeding its Oxygen OS 12 based on Android 12 Open Beta 1 for its OnePlus 7 and Oneplus 7T smartphones. These handsets were launched back in 2019 and came with Android 10 out of the box. It is appreciable that OnePlus hasn’t turned a blind eye toward its older devices. Owners of the OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7T can finally enjoy the goodness of Android 12 features.
A couple of prerequisites for upgrading to the Android 12 OS are that your OnePlus7/OnePlus should be running on Oxygen OS version 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199. The firmware package is a massive one and would require at least 4GB of space on your handset. Also, as this is a major Android OS update, you will need to take a backup of your data before proceeding. OnePlus allows you to downgrade to Android 11 if there are some issues or you don’t like the performance of the new operating system.
The update brings new icons, Smart Battery Engine, improved gaming features, adjustable Dark Mode settings, Canvas AOD, additional style options for Cards, new Gallery features, and Accessibility features, among others. Let’s have a look at the complete changelog below.
OnePlus 7/ OnePlus 7T Oxygen OS 12 Android 12 Open Beta 1: Changelog
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology.
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers.
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer.
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time.
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience.
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read.
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc.
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings.
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization.
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing.
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colours, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals.
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for colour adjustment.
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin colour of different figures.
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.