Realme released the Realme UI 3.0 software update for Realme 8 Pro users in India via an early access program back in December 2021. Today, the brand has started rolling out the stable Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 software update for Realme 8 Pro users in India.
The new software includes a couple of new changes the brand has baked in its custom Realme UI 3.0 software version. The software update includes a new design, redesigned icons, Quantum Animation Engine 3.0, improvement in responsiveness of turning On or Off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and a couple of new changes.
The company has noted in its forum post that Realme 8 Pro users should ensure that they are running one of the following software versions—RMX3081_11.C.09 / RMX3081_11.C.10 / RMX3081_11.C.11 / RMX3081_11.C.12 / RMX3081_11.C.13. The new software update is released in batches, so it may take some time to reach all the users in the country. The new firmware arrives in the form of RMX3081_11.C.14 and is based on Android 12.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Here’s the changelog of the newly released software update:
Realme 8 Pro RMX3081_11.C.14 Software Update Changelog
• The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
• Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
• Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
• Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring more natural user experience.
Convenience & efficiency
– Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
• Flex Drop is renamed as Flexible Windows and is optimized:
– Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
– You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
• Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
• Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
• Improves the responsiveness of turning On or Off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode.
• In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
• Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
• You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
• You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
• Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
• Optimizes accessibility:
– Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
– Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
– Talk Back supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
Have you received the Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 on your Realme 8 Pro? Do let us know in the comments section below.