WhatsApp is the world’s most popular instant messaging app right now and by a huge margin. There are over 2 billion WhatsApp users around the world. That is not without reason. The instant messaging app has dozens of features and allows users to send texts, emojis, stickers, images, GIFs, and videos. It even offers free audio calls, group calls, video calls, and group video calls. You can even send money using WhatsApp!
While you might be aware of all the frequently-used WhatsApp features like sending messages, taking or making calls, and sharing files, you might not know all its hidden features. In this article, we have listed some cool WhatsApp tips and tricks that will help you use WhatsApp like a pro.
Top WhatsApp Tips & Tricks
In this article, we will explain the following WhatsApp tips and tricks:
- How to customise WhatsApp notification tones?
- How to check who is your most contacted friend on WhatsApp
- How to delete older sent WhatsApp messages for everyone
- How to pause WhatsApp Status playback with a neat trick?
- How to save someone’s WhatsApp Status?
1. How To Customise WhatsApp Notification Tones
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
Did you know that you can set different notification tones for different contacts on WhatsApp? Such as one notification tone for your friends and another for family members. Not only that. You can set a custom tone for messages and another custom tone for calls. To do this, perform the steps mentioned below:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the contact for whom you want a custom notification
- Now, click on their profile, and you should be able to see an option called ‘Custom Notifications‘. Click on Custom Notification.
- Now, enable ‘Use Custom Notifications‘ option by clicking on the checkbox on its right side.
- Now, you click on ‘Notification Tone‘ and select the tone of your choice. The same goes for the call ringtone. You can click on ‘Ringtone‘ and choose the ringtone of your choice from the list.
2. How To Check Whom You Share The Most Files With On WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp and click on the Three-Dots Button on the top right side of the screen.
- No, click on ‘Settings‘.
- Click on ‘Storage and Data‘.
- Once you click on ‘Manage Storage‘, you can see whom you’ve shared most files with on WhatsApp. You can find this under the Chats section on the screen.
This section also shows you how much storage is filled and left on your smartphone, all the large-sized files, and file size data for each contact on your WhatsApp.
3. How To Delete Older Sent WhatsApp Messages For Everyone
We all know that WhatsApp allows deleting messages for everyone in the chat thread. However, the feature is only available until contacts in the chat thread haven’t seen the message. But there’s a trick that allows you to delete older messages that others have already seen.
- Open WhatsApp and open the chat thread where you’ve sent a message or file that you now want to unsend. Check its sent date and time and note it down.
- Now, go to your phone’s Settings app and change the time and date of your phone to the noted ones.
- Open WhatsApp again and go to that particular message which you want to delete or unsend.
- Now, long-press that particular message or file. Now, you will see the ‘Delete‘ option (denoted by a garbage bin-shaped icon) on the top bar. Click on that ‘Delete‘ icon.
- Now, a pop-up menu will appear. Click on ‘Delete For Everyone‘. And voila! You’ve deleted that message or file for everyone in that chat thread. No one can see it any longer.
4. How To Pause WhatsApp Status Playback With A Neat Trick
Are you tired of clicking and holding a status message just so that you can see it clearly? Well, there’s a neat trick that you can use so that you can keep the WhatsApp Status paused without you needing to hold it with your finger. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open WhatsApp and click on the ‘Status‘ tab.
- Now, find the contact whose Status you want to see and click on their profile status.
- Once their Status starts playing, touch the phone’s screen using three fingers at once. This will pause the Status playback and you can remove your fingers from the screen and keep viewing the Status update for as long as you want.
That’s quite useful, isn’t it!
5. How To Save Someone’s WhatsApp Status Update
Want to save someone’s WhatsApp Status? You can easily do that by following this procedure. However, this feature will only work on Android smartphones.
- Open WhatsApp and view the WhatsApp Status that you want to save.
- Now, open a File Manager app on your Android smartphone and allow it to show Hidden Files. Since every brand’s Android smartphone or tablet uses a different File Manager app, the option to show hidden files can be different. Once you find that option and enable it, navigate to this folder: com.whatsApp > WhatsApp > Media > Statuses. Here you can find the WhatsApp status that you’re looking for.
- Now, copy that file and store it in any other folder of your choice.
We hope that these cool WhatsApp tips and tricks will help you every day.