Last week, OnePlus released the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 1 update for the OnePlus 10 Pro 5G. The new software update brought in all the Android 13 and OxygenOS 13 features that OnePlus has baked in its custom ROM. Now, OnePlus is also releasing the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 software update for the OnePlus 10 Pro.
The company took to its community forum to confirm the release of this new software update. OnePlus states that users need to be running OxygenOS 12 version (A.15 or A.16) in order to update to the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2. Also, those who are running the first open Beta build will receive the second Open Beta 2 build in phases.
OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 Update Now Available For OnePlus 10 Pro
If you are interested in flashing the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 build, OnePlus recommends that you take a full system backup. The second OxygenOS 13 Beta build is available for users in India and North America.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
When it comes to the key changes, OnePlus has added Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort, a Home screen world clock widget, Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection, media playback control, more markup tools for screenshot editing, and an automatic pixelation feature for screenshots of chats with this new software update. The newly released software update also has fixed some known issues. Here is the changelog of the new software release:
OnePlus 10 Pro OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 Software Update Changelog
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
• Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
[Security & privacy]
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for screenshots of chats. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
[Health & Digital wellbeing]
• Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
• Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
• Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
• Improves system stability for some scenarios.
• Fixes an issue where icons would sometimes overlap in Quick Settings.
• Fixes an issue where a panel might be automatically pulled down from the status bar in some cases.
• Fixes an issue that might cause auto brightness to respond slowly.
• Fixes an occasional flicker issue that might occur when your device screen is turned off or on.
• Fixes an issue where the Quick Settings background might appear transparent.
• Fixes an issue where you might be unable to wake your screen by double-tapping it in Guest mode.
• Fixes an issue where your screen might be slow to wake when the Power button is pressed.
• Fixes an issue where the “Other” category might take up a huge portion of your device storage.
• Fixes an issue where the Camera would lag.
Do note that the new build contains some known issues such as:
- RCC cannot work normally in this build.
- The carrier version (Zain) in Kuwait is unable to send MMS.
- The carrier version (Telecom) in North Macedonia is unable to send IMS.
- There is no response when clicking Capture log after switching Multiple users/System cloner/Languages. (You need to switch Multiple users/System cloner/Languages first before capturing the log in the feedback tool).
- A dot will display abnormally when pairing Bluetooth.
- The photos might be blurred when taking multiple pictures of people with Ultra Dark mode and zoom out at the same time.
- The screen will freeze when taking videos in specific scenarios.
- The pictures might be black when taking photos in the dark with Night mode.
- A dot displays abnormally in the status bar.
Have you received the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta 2 update on your OnePlus 10 Pro unit? Do let us know in the comments section below
Discussion about this post