Are you one of those who didn’t upgrade to an iPhone because your WhatsApp data couldn’t be transferred from an Android phone to an iPhone? Despite announcing that it will bring that feature, WhatsApp made people wait for a long time. WhatsApp has now finally started rolling out the ability to migrate data from an Android device to an iPhone.
The feature has been in closed beta for quite some time and finally, it has been released to users. WhatsApp users who want to switch from an Android smartphone to an iPhone can finally migrate their data without having to rely upon the rather tedious (and sometimes near impossible) third-party data migration apps. For those unaware, WhatsApp rolled out the option to move data from iPhone devices to Android devices last year.
In today’s article, we will tell you how you can migrate the WhatsApp data from your Android device to your iPhone.
Requirements For Transferring WhatsApp From Android To iPhone
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
There are a few requirements if you want to transfer WhatsApp data from your Android smartphone to an iPhone.
- To transfer your WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone, your Android device must run Android 5.0 Lollipop (or later) and your iPhone must run iOS 15.5 (or later).
- The version of the WhatsApp app on your Android device has to be 22.214.171.124 (or newer) and the version of WhatsApp on your iPhone should be 126.96.36.199 (or newer).
How To Transfer WhatsApp From Android To iPhone?
To transfer your WhatsApp data from an Android device to an iPhone, you need to make sure that you follow these steps.
- Factory reset your iPhone by tapping Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone if your iPhone is not new. However, if it is a brand-new device, you can skip this step.
- Connect both the old Android smartphone and the iPhone to a charger and start the charging process.
- Make sure that both phones are on the same Wi-Fi network. Alternatively, you can connect your Android device to your iPhone’s hotspot.
- On your Android smartphone, you need to download the Move to iOS app. Now, open that app, and follow on-screen prompts.
- Watch out for a code on your iPhone screen. Whenever prompted, you need to enter the code on your Android device.
- Tap Continue and follow all the on-screen prompts.
- Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen.
- Tap Start on your Android smartphone, and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. Once the date is ready to be moved, you will be signed out of WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Tap Next to return to the Move to iOS app.
- Tap Continue to transfer the data from your Android device to your iPhone.
- Wait for the transfer to complete.
- Install the latest version of WhatsApp from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp and login to the app using the same phone number which you had been using on your Android device.
- Tap Start whenever prompted, and allow the process to finish.
- Voila! You have successfully migrated your WhatsApp date from your Android device to your iPhone device.
By following these steps, you can easily migrate your WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. We hope that this article helps you out in your data migration journey.