Apple released tvOS 16.1 update to the Apple TV Operating System back in October 2022. The update introduced an all-new Siri experience for Apple TV users with a new design, personalized recommendations, and Apple Fitness+ support. Now, the iPhone maker has started rolling out the second beta of an upcoming tvOS 16.2 update to developers for testing. The update comes a day after the first tvOS 16.2 beta was released.
Developers can download the tvOS 16.2 beta by downloading a profile onto the Apple TV using Xcode. While the update doesn’t bring along any major changes, it offers internal bug fixes and other improvements. Let us take a look at the Apple tvOS 16.2 beta update in detail.
Apple tvOS 16.2 Beta Update Details
Here are some noteworthy features that the latest tvOS 16.2 beta update will introduce to the Apple TV Operating System:
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
- It adds support for the new Home app architecture, which is designed to make Home setups faster and more reliable.
- tvOS 16.2 also adds a new Siri voice recognition feature, allowing the Apple TV to recognize each person in the household by voice, swapping over to the appropriate profile.
- Voice recognition supports up to six family members.
Protect Your Apple Device with Onsitego's Protection Plans
- Covers Apple Malfunctions & Breakdowns
- Apple Repair or Replacement Guarantee
With the latest tvOS 16.2 update, it will become easier to switch between Apple TV users, getting to the correct music, TV shows, recommendations, and more. Meanwhile, Apple has also released the second beta of an upcoming macOS Ventura 13.1 update, alongside the second beta of watchOS 9.2 for developers.
What are your thoughts on the latest tvOS 16.2 beta update for Apple TV? Do let us know in the comments section below.