Google recently announced the iOS 16 Lock Screen widgets for six apps including Gmail, Google Maps, Google Drive, Google Search, Chrome, and Google News. As promised, the update is being officially rolled out to all eligible iPhone users. To download the new Google Lockscreen widgets on your iPhone, make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS and all your Google apps are up-to-date.
Here’s a list of all Google Lockscreen widgets launched for iOS 16:
Gmail, Drive, and Google News Lock Screen Widgets
- While focusing on a project, you can use the Gmail lock screen widget to see the number of new messages since you last opened your inbox and their categories.
- Similarly, Drive widget let users open suggested or starred files just with a single tap.
- Once finished with your work, you can switch to other lock screens to access all the information you might have missed. For instance, the Google News Lock Screen widget shows daily headlines, while the Map Frequent Trips widget helps you check predicted trip times and starts navigation when you’re ready to go home.
Maps, Search, and Chrome Lock Screen Widgets
- Chrome Lock Screen widgets will help you discover things quickly while on the go. You can open Incognito mode, do a voice search, or quickly launch Chrome. Then, there is a Dino game widget, which you can simply tap to pass some leisure time while travelling.
- Maps Search widget can be personalized with a single tap from your lock screen to discover nearby eateries, gas stations, and more.
- You can also create a shortcut to Google Lens in the Lock Screen widget of the Google app to start interpreting text with your camera in more than 100 different languages.
New YouTube and YouTube Music widgets
- The new YouTube Home Screen widget allows you to watch shorts or new videos from your favourite creators in the YouTube app. It also enables users to search for videos right from their home screen.
- With the new YouTube Music Lock Screen widget, you can listen to your favourite songs in the app with one swipe.
- Trying to sing or hum a few bars will initiate a voice search on the Google app’s Lock Screen widget.
Subscribe to OnsitegoGet the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
What are your thoughts on the newly introduced Google Lockscreen widgets for iOS 16? Do let us know in the comments section below.